The Right Drive for the Right Job. WD Purple drives are engineered specifically for surveillance to help withstand the elevated heat fluctuations and equipment vibrations within NVR environments. An average desktop drive is built to run for only short intervals, not the harsh 24/7 always-on environment of a high-definition surveillance system. With WD Purple, you get reliable, surveillance-class storage that’s tested for compatibility in a wide range of security systems, and some of our latest models (WD22PURZ, WD42PURZ, and WD63PURZ) have improved power efficiency. Exclusive AllFrame technology helps reduce frame loss and improve overall video playback.
Western Digital 4TB WD Purple Surveillance Internal Hard Drive HDD – SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache, 3.5″ – WD42PURZ 4TB 256 MB Cache Hard Drive HDD
|Digital Storage Capacity||4 TB|
|Hard Disk Interface||Serial ATA|
|Specific Uses For Product||Surveillance|
|Hard Disk Form Factor||3.5 Inches|
|Hard Disk Size||4 TB|
About this item
- Engineered specifically for mainstream surveillance systems.
- AllFrame technology delivers optimizations for write-intensive, low bit-rate, high stream-count workloads typical to mainstream surveillance applications.
- Supports up to 180 TB/yr workload rate². | ²Workload Rate is defined as the amount of user data transferred to or from the hard drive. Workload Rate is annualized (TB transferred ✕ (8760 / recorded power-on hours)). Workload Rate will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations.
- 1TB¹ through 3TB support up to eight bays; 4TB and above support up to 16 bays and employ tarnish-resistant components for harsher environments.
- ¹As used for storage capacity, 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less, depending on operating environment.
Only 1 left in stock