SONICWALL NSA 6700 HIGH AVAILABILITY
SONICWALL NSA 6700 HIGH Availability
|Model Name||NSA 6700 HIGH AVAILABILITY|
|Compatible Devices||Personal Computer|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||18.31 x 16.93 x 1.77 inches|
About this item
- Please note that as this is a High Availability Unit, you cannot use it alone as a primary device. High Availability allows two identical SonicWall appliances running SonicOS to be configured to provide a reliable, continuous connection. One SonicWall device is configured as the Primary unit, and an identical SonicWall device is configured as the Secondary unit. If the Primary SonicWall fails, the secondary SonicWall takes over to secure a reliable connection.
- If the Primary Dell SonicWALL fails, the Secondary Dell SonicWALL takes over to secure a reliable connection between the protected network and the Internet. Two appliances configured in this way are also known as a High Availability Pair (HA Pair).
- Increased network reliability – In a High Availability configuration, the Backup appliance assumes all network responsibilities when the Primary unit fails, ensuring a reliable connection between the protected network and the Internet.
- Cost-effectiveness – High Availability is a cost-effective option for deployments that provide high availability by using redundant SonicWall security appliances. You do not need to purchase a second set of licenses for the Backup unit in a High Availability Pair.
- Virtual MAC for reduced convergence time after failover – The Virtual MAC address setting allows the HA Pair to share the same MAC address, which dramatically reduces convergence time following a failover. Convergence time is the amount of time it takes for the devices in a network to adapt their routing tables to the changes introduced by high availability.
Only 1 left in stock