Audio ConnectionsView larger
HOW AN EQUALIZER IS USED
The Planet Audio PEQ15 parametric equalizer is a high-fidelity signal processor/preamplifier that allows you to control the relative levels within the audible frequency spectrum of a stereophonic system. It is intended for use in a car audio system which includes amplifiers in a signal path after the equalizer, and provides front, rear, and subwoofer low level outputs via RCA connectors.
* Front/Rear EQ center frequency ranges: Low (20-70 Hz); Low/Mid (150-400 Hz); Mid (1.5-4 kHz); High (4-20 kHz)
* Sub channel EQ crossover range: 50 – 250Hz
* Equalization range: +/- 18 dB (boost/cut)
* Frequency response: 10 Hz – 50 kHz (+/- 1dB)
* Signal to noise ratio: 110 dB (ref. 1V input)
* THD: 0.005%
* Channel separation: 82 dB (at 1kHz)
* Output impedance: 50k Ohms
* Power supply: 11-15V negative ground
* Output voltage: 7V
* Dimensions: (7.2” W x 3.8” D x 1.3” H)
Front Panel Controls and Key FeaturesView largerFRONT PANEL CONTROLS AND KEY FEATURES
1. Fader: Use this control to balance the sound level between front and rear speakers as desired.
2. Input Select (CD or AUX): This button permits you to select the equalizer input source. The unit features separate rear panel RCA inputs for in dash receiver such as a CD or another source such as a DVD player
3. Master Volume Control: Use this to adjust the overall output volume level.
4. Subwoofer Crossover Frequency Selector: Use this control to select the highest frequency to be sent to the subwoofer channel. Choose a frequency between 50 Hz and 250 Hz.
5. Subwoofer Volume Control: Use the knob to set the volume level for the subwoofer channel.
6. Front/Rear Channel Center Frequency Selectors: Use these controls to select the center frequencies for boosting/cutting in the signal provided to the front and rear output channels. Frequency ranges for each control are Low (20-70 Hz); Low/Mid (150-400 Hz); Mid (1.5-4 kHz); High (4-20 kHz)
7. Front/Rear Channel Boost/Cut Controls: These knobs will set the desired amount of boost or cut (from -18 to +18 dB) for each of the frequency bands within the signal provided to the rear and front output channels.
Top Panel Controls and Key FeaturesView largerTOP PANEL CONTROLS AND KEY FEATURES
1. Subwoofer Channel RCA Outputs
2. Front And Rear Channel RCA Outputs
3. CD And AUX Channel RCA Inputs
4. Power Connections: Please note that the PEQ15 has an automatic turn-on circuit, so that in addition to the (+) and ground connections, it is necessary for you to connect the REM terminal to the REM terminal on your head unit.
5. CD And AUX Channel Controls: Use these controls during setup to balance the gain for each of the two input sources.