For over 35 years, Kensington has been The Professionals’ Choice for desktop productivity solutions. Accommodating the latest computers with USB-C ports, while also accommodating legacy computers with USB 3. 0 ports, the SD4700P Universal USB-C and 3. 0 Docking Station is the ideal docking solution for computing s transitioning to USB-C. Frequently Asked Questions: Q: Will this dock work with any computer that has USB-C?A: Yes, all the functions will work, however for powering a laptop the laptop itself must accept Power Delivery. The SD4700P supports USB Power Delivery (version 3. 0, 5V/9V/12V/15V/20V) Profile 4, or up to 60W on a single USB-C cable. Q: Will this dock work with a laptop that has USB-C but doesn’t support Alt mode? A: Yes, the Display Link technology provides support for USB-C computers that don’t support Alt mode. Q: Will this dock work with a Thunderbolt 3 port A: Yes, Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C is mechanically the same, so all the normal functions of this dock will work when plugged into a computer’s Thunderbolt 3 port, but will only support USB-C speeds. Q: Does this dock require new driver installation on my computer? A: Yes. For Mac OS, you need to download the Display Link Driver for Mac manually from the Display Link website, display link/downloads/macOS. For Window OS, the Display Link driver should automatically install when the dock is connected to the computer the first time. If not, you need to download the Display Link Driver for Windows 7/10 display link/downloads/windows. Q: Will this dock work with a computer that has USB-A but not USB-C?A: Yes, the Display Link technology is link-aware and will work with different USB types. And, a USB-C to USB-A adapter is included. However, it will not charge a laptop over USB-A unless you purchase the optional power tips. Q: What wattage laptop will this dock power via the USB-C cable? A: As long as the laptop accepts Power Delivery via USB-C, the SD4700p will charge a laptop that requires 60 watts or less. Please check your owner’s manual or with the laptop manufacturer for specifications. Q: What cable should I use to connect my monitors? A: We recommend a direct HDMI-HDMI and a Display Port to Display Port connection to the monitors. You can use a passive HDMI to DVI adapter or cable for a DVI monitor connection. When going from Display Port to VGA, an active Display Port to VGA adapter/cable is required. Q: Can I use another USB-C cable (not from the original box) on this dock? A: We can only the Kensington USB-C cable (a 1m length cable) shipping with this dock will work. USB-C cables vary greatly between different manufacturers.
Kensington SD4700P USB-C or USB-A – 60W PD – Dual Display Docking Station with Power Delivery for Windows PC’s, Surface Pro, Surface Laptops, and MacBooks – TAA Compliant (K38240NA)
|Hardware Interface||USB, Ethernet, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt|
|Compatible Devices||MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro 7, Microsoft Surface Go 2, Microsoft Surface Book, Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Microsoft Surface Go See more|
|Total USB Ports||6|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||8.4 x 4.1 x 4.3 inches|
|Number of Ports||10|
|Item Weight||0.27 Kilograms|
|Total HDMI Ports||1|
About this item
- Usb-C or USB-A Dual Display dock for Windows PC’s, Surface Pro 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, Surface Go 1&2, Surface Laptop 1/2/3, Surface Book 1/2/3, and MacBooks (OS 10.14 and later), Watch the video for setup and usage.
- 135W Power supply adapter provides ample power for the dock and up to 60W of power for laptops connected via the power delivery (PD) USB-C port. 1 meter USB-C cable with power delivery capabilities included (use this cable). Can also power a USB-A laptop using the optional power splitter and tips (Kensington part #K38310NA).
- Supports video connections for USB-C, Thunderbolt 3 and 4 (at USB-C speeds), and USB-A computers via Display Link technology.
- 6 USB ports extends the productivity capabilities of today’s thin laptops via one USB-C (15W charging and data) port and five SuperSpeed USB 3. 0 Ports, one of which is a 2. 1a fast-charging port to power up a tablet or smartphone.
- Gigabit Ethernet port; combination headphone/microphone jack; Kensington Security Slot protects your technology investment via easy implementation of a cable lock (lock sold separately, part # K64675US). Zero Footprint Mounting provides the option to attach the dock to the back of any VESA-compatible monitor (VESA mounting plate sold separately, part# K33959WW).
- TAA Compliant; Compatible with Windows 10, 8. 1, 8, and 7, and Mac OS 10. 14 or later (must download Display Link driver)
Out of stock