Don’t waste the parallel port on your inkjet, laser, or high speed printer. This cable uses the USB port on your PC or hub, so your parallel port remains free for a zip drive or scanner. Forget the hassles of IRQ sharing by adapting your printer to USB. If you have multiple printers, you can eliminate the need for a switchbox by connecting each printer to a USB port. The device is fully transparent to the user, and is ideal for true bi-directional communication. This adapter auto-negotiates hardware recognition for faster protocol setup, and is fully plug-and-play compatible.
C2G 16898 USB to Centronics 36 (C36) Parallel Printer Adapter Cable, Beige (6 Feet, 1.82 Meters)
|Connector Type||RF Connector|
About this item
- Connect your Parallel, IEEE-1284, printer to a USB port on your PC or hub
- Keeps the parallel port on a PC free by using USB instead
- Connect multiple printers using USB instead of parallel
- Eliminates the need for a switchbox by using USB ports
- This adapter is designed for use with a standard Parallel printer and is not designed to support multi-function printers or other parallel devices. This adapter uses the USB Printing Support function of the operating system and is not designed to create a LPT port.